Megan Darling Physio Treatment & rehab pilates
Megan is offering private appointments for musculoskeletal physio and physiotherapy-led Pilates rehab. She is particularly well-placed to treat patients with sports injuries; recovery from orthopaedic trauma or elective surgery; chronic pain due to injury, back pain or related to poor posture; as well as antenatal and post-natal rehab. Megan uses a combination of manual therapy, Kinesio taping and physio-led rehab Pilates to aid your recovery, in addition to advice and education to guide you through the healing process.
Megan also offers physio-led rehab Pilates classes. These are held at Kelso Rugby Football Club on a Monday. Classes are usually sold in 6-week blocks with a maximum of 12 clients in each class. You will need to attend a taster session prior to joining a beginner’s block. In addition, Megan also offers Pilates on a 1:1 basis or in small groups of up to 4 clients. Please get in touch for more details.
New Patient Physiotherapy Appointment
Duration 1 hour, £45
- A full assessment and diagnosis (where possible)
- Comprehensive advice and education about your injury, healing times, pain management strategies and hopefully returning to more normal function
- Manual therapy and kinesio taping if appropriate
- Full treatment and unique exercise plan to suit your requirements
Patient Physiotherapy Follow-up
Duration 1 hour, £40
- A catch up on how your treatment plan is going
- Reassessment and manual therapy/kinesio taping if appropriate
- Personal exercise progression
Physio-led Pilates Classes
Duration 1 hour, price varies.
- Physio-led Pilates classes are on a Monday at Kelso Rugby Football Club and have a maximum of 12 clients. You will need to attend a taster session first. Classes are sold in 6-8 week blocks. Times are: 9:30, 11:15, 17:30 (beginner class) & 19:15. Please get in touch for more details
- Individual pilates (1:1): £45
- Duo pilates class (1:2): £30 per person
- Small pilates class (1:3): £25 per person
- Small pilates class (1:4): £20 per person
megan’s BACKGROUND & QUALIFICATIONS
Megan Darling qualified in physiotherapy from Kings College
London in 2005 and undertook her junior rotations at St Marys Hospital in
Paddington. Here she developed a strong interest in musculoskeletal and
Megan relocated to Scotland in 2010 where she has continued to
work as a musculoskeletal physiotherapist. She spent 3 years in private
practice and 7 years as a musculoskeletal specialist for NHS Borders at Kelso
Hospital. While working in private practice, Megan trained in APPI Pilates,
acupuncture and Kinesio taping. She has also been teaching private
physiotherapy-led classes for several years now.
Megan has extensive clinical experience in sports injuries and
obstetrics, orthopaedic rehab, pain management and effectively helping her
patients improve their function.
Megan will now be focusing exclusively on her private practice combining her expertise to form Megan Darling Physiotherapy & Rehab Pilates, conveniently based at Kelso Health and Wellness. Megan lives near Kelso with her husband and her young children.